THE house, tea room and shop at Rydal Mount are currently closed due to COVID-19.
But we are happy to welcome visitors to the gardens at weekends. These are the gardens planned and tended by William Wordsworth himself, and we have been working to restore and maintain them according to the poet’s own plans. We want you to experience the same peace, tranquility and stunning views that William Wordsworth enjoyed.
Every Saturday and Sunday the gardens are open from 11am until 4pm. To ensure your safety please book your tickets online, and when you get here, social distancing must be observed. Please see details below.
We had to cancel many events here this year, including those to mark the 250th anniversary of Wordsworth’s birth. But we have found a wonderful way to celebrate his life by inviting many friends and celebrities to read his poems on a special website, www.wordsworth250.com. This has won the hearts of poetry lovers around the world.
Meanwhile, we are making plans so that as soon as it is safe to open the house, tea room and shop once again, we will be ready to welcome you back here. Please keep in touch via our website, via Facebook, Instagram, and on twitter @Rydal_Mount
Book tickets here: http://www.rydalmount.co.uk/
We are greatly looking forward to welcoming visitors back to Rydal Mount’s gardens and your health is our top priority.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT IF YOU, OR ANY MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD, ARE DISPLAYING COVID-19 SYMPTOMS.
If you start displaying symptoms after you’ve booked your ticket, we’ll work with you to cancel or reschedule your visit.
In order to ensure your safety, we’ve put certain measures in place to protect you and to keep you safe both during and after your visit.
Please follow these guidelines:
- Social distancing of 2 metres must be observed at all times
- Please buy your tickets before entering. Access is limited to those who’ve bought timed-entry tickets in advance online. This ensures visitor numbers are kept within safe limits.
- Toilets are closed. Please check this link to find the nearest public loos in Ambleside, one mile away: Public Loos
- Please follow one way systems around the garden where applicable.
- Hand sanitiser stations can be found at the garden’s entrance and exit. Please use upon arrival and when leaving
- Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they’re healthy and symptom free
- If you touch any hard services, please come to a hand sanitiser station and sanitise your hands immediately
- Please take your litter home with you and dispose of it responsibly
- Carpark – there are car-parking spaces available and priority is given to ticket holders. However, we cannot guarantee car parking space on the day. If you would like to discuss anything before booking your ticket, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
One thought on “Wordsworth’s gardens are open!”
Glad to know you have the Gardens open. You may or may not know, who I/we are. I am a SAXOPHONIST if you recall. Of course, I knew your predecessors well, but due to our health, we were unable to visit last year. We were with Marion on the 30th of September 2018, and if I am not mistaken, you took over, January 2019? I may drive up. I will be in touch, after consultation with medical people, and my friends, and I have a request, which I will have to write to you about, but it concerns booking the house as I did for my wedding 20th of September 2014. Not that long ago, but Marion said we were a “Blast from the past”, when we met up with her again. Chris Carter.